About Me

My photo
A mind traveller. Pretty much an abstract and eccentric human being. But overall, a human panda who embraces food as a hobby.

Monday, November 10, 2014

The Heart Does Want What it Wants.

Now Playing : The Heart Wants What It Wants - Selena Gomez
“When I was on, I was on stage and I was thinking of…I felt like I know, I know him though and I know his heart and I know what he wouldn’t do to hurt me. But I didn’t realize that feeling so confident, feeling so great about myself, and then it just be completely shattered by one thing, by something so stupid. But then you make me feel crazy, you make me feel like it’s my fault I was in pain.” - Selena Gomez
 You don't have to wait to be in her condition to feel so. It's one of those phase in life, all of us went through. The phase that scarred us, that leave us in the most darkest moment of our life. We had no one to turn around, because everyone just keep on shutting you out, and lashing out judgements and advices that seems so easy to them, but heartbreaking for us to do. The pain was with us, for us, and for us alone to feel. 

I really love her song, currently, I lost count on how many times I am repeating it. I love to hear the intro to her song, with her confession. It's so raw and so vulnerable. That instant, you know the song is not for commercial purpose, not that song that would just be there to make money, but it's a confession. It's like releasing that inner part of you to others.

The hardest part of being yourself, is when others look up to you cause you are this superwoman. When that vision is embedded to you, it is like you are not allowed to be vulnerable, to be human. You are not allowed to share a tear. You are not allowed to make mistakes. You are not allowed to fall. That, people, is the hardest part of living, when you are a superwoman to others, but really to your eyes and God, you are His slave and an imperfect human being. 

I have to say, I love this song of her. Well, it's not a grammy award winning type of song. But it definitely touch others in a personal aspect. It is more closely related to everyone who went through shits, in defending what they believe is right. My last words will be, it is always okay to be vulnerable, to be human, to be imperfect, to cry. It is okay. These words are the words I repeat to myself everytime, for countless of times, cause sometimes, even I forgot that I am no superwoman. 


No comments: