About Me

My photo
A mind traveller. Pretty much an abstract and eccentric human being. But overall, a human panda who embraces food as a hobby.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ramadhan Kareem

Salam Ramadhan to my brothers and sisters :)

May this blessed journey be a wonderful one for all of us.

The first day of Ramadhan and here I am posting a long post after so many (endless) delays. Thank God it is Sunday so I get to fully enjoy the first day with my family.

So what is Ramadhan? Why is every Muslims in the world anticipating this month of fasting? 
Abstaining from food and drinks ? Some people wonder, why do we anticipate this?

Ramadhan is more than just abstaining from food and drinks. It is the journey towards a better ummah and individual. One not only abstain from food but also abstaining from bad behaviour. During the month of Ramadhan, syaitan (satan) is chained every single one of em, the big and the small. What is left of Ramadhan? Full blessings and only you. Yes. YOU and ONLY YOU, are the reason to your every bad behaviour. You start to realize 

"Masya Allah, how did I do such things? Syaitan is not around, and I could do such things?"

When you realize this, then you start to act in performing better deed. This is right. You realize at this month, the need for you to stop everything and performing deeds become easier as ever. But that does not mean, you do all this once a year. Ramadhan is not the month of training, it is the month where we can enjoy doing such positive acts without a problem. Ramadhan is actually our freedom month. Where we can happily be the Muslim and Muslimah that we dreamed of. The other months are the training months, that teach you to fight off the syaitans and most importantly yourself. 

To some, Ramadhan acts as platform towards becoming a better person. It's okay. Begin now if you are on your way. If you have that niat in you, then start it. I will be the first person to support you and endorse you to chase this blessed month. 

Wallahi, I feel such at ease when Ramadhan comes. Do you feel like when Ramadhan arrives, you feel so secure and so complete. It's like Allah SWT has wrapped a blanket to all of His loved slaves, and He does not discriminate. Aren't we ever so lucky to feel this joy? Alhamdullilah. I am blessed to have this chance to be here with my 24th time of Ramadhan. 

As I type this post, I can't help but to hold back tears of happiness and blessed journey. I am so happy to be given a chance to celebrate Ramadhan with the people I love and to feel it again eventhough I have experienced it numerous times, and to know that each Ramadhan I am given such opportunity to be a better Muslim. So here I type this post, to wish all my brothers and sisters a splendid journey ahead. 

Before I end this, Here are some things I wish to leave a message. 

-Whenever you feel like you have the feel to do something negative, hold back and think, I have no one to blame but myself. No syaitans no influence, what is left is me. Am I really sure about this?

There is no one but yourself that walks towards the path of Jannah or Jahanam. Straighten up your path. Let the compass of His blessings guide you, and make steps that lead you to the right journey.

Ramadhan Mubarak everyone! It's just so good to be back!

p/s: Dear Ramadhan, welcome home :)

No comments: