About Me

My photo
A mind traveller. Pretty much an abstract and eccentric human being. But overall, a human panda who embraces food as a hobby.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Missing pieces


" This song is so freaking sweet! Don't you think so Fiq?",
while looking at Fiq who's drinking his Caramel Machiato. He looked at the laptop which has Katy Perry's ' The one that got away' video clip playing on Youtube.

"Heh. Perangai je kasar. Tapi dalam hati ada taman",
replied Fiq to me. I feel like slapping his face. Loyar buruk pula.  

"At least hati ni, ada lah jugak taman. Dari kau? Ice cold like Iceland. Even penguins are not ice cold as you! at least they're huggable", 
Its true! He wants to be cool all the time. Tak nak jiwang langsung.

We're hanging out, after hours of researching on our final year project. Yes. We're procrastinators. But that's the way we work. Ever since first semester, we've been friends, tu pun sebab member kenalkan. We're from the same course but never bothered to get to know each other sebab ingatkan dia ni bajet hot sangat. Turns out we're awesome as best buds. Now, we're like partners in crime. Mostly assignments mesti sama sebab as we said 'crazy smarty pants think alike' Yep. Thats us. Tapi banyak cakap kitaorg ni sesuai bersama. I kept denying that many times. Kelakar tahu. Sebab. He's not my taste. okay fine. He is good looking. Several girls asyik datang kat dia. I'm the sporty type and a bit boyish. I sorta like him. But. Really. Get the picture. How ever can a guy like him, like a girl like me? not in a million years. Even if orang cakap we have chemistry. I can continue to dream on.

"Wei. Penat seh. Why are we procrastinators again?",
 complained Fiq.

"Excuse me? I was asking you to do this since the beginning of semester. Tak pasal-pasal aku skali kene. Haih. Chill lah dude. Next week dah we're done. FINALLY. Graduates wei! Don't you want that?",
I smiled to him.

"Yeah... I sorta want that. But..",
He looked at me. But the way he looks, is a little bit different. Macam muka risau. As if he's not okay with the fact that we're ending degree soon.

"But? panjang pulak butt kau tu. I thought you're the one who can't wait for this to end",
I replied still looking at his reaction. 

"Yeah. I know. Just that.. takde la lepak cmni. semua sibuk kerja je. Takde overnight siapkan keje. No more procrastinating",
answered Fiq. Smiling to me while replying.

"Haa kau rindu aku kannnn? ELEH. cakap je la. Shooo schweeeeet. alolololo",
I smiled and laughed at his statement. 

"Eh. Tampar karang. Mengedik plak",
I continued laughing, till I saw his impossible bottle. He love to collect that stuff with that small ships inside. It's his hobby to collect it. I took it from his bag. 

"Weh. Bought a new one ah? I thought  da ada banyak. Brapa banyak lagi kau nak?",
I asked while taking a good look at the new bottle. It has a beautiful small ship inside. I've always wanted one. Asked him many times, I want it. Tapi asyik dia buat bodoh je. 

"Yeah. Banyak dah. Saje je. Rasa cm nak bagi someone but I have unfinished business with that bottle. once I'm done with the puzzles. I'll let her have it",
Dia senyum lain macam punya senyum. I smirked looking at him like that. 



"Uuuu. Someone likes someone. Who's the girl? Haaaa kau dah tak nak kongsi an!",
 He laughed and I just ignored that and put the bottle back where I found it. 

"Hey, mana video tu Farah? Nak tengok la. Cause I wanna see Katy Perry. Thats the best one. Mesti hot an?",
I slapped him at his arm then buat muka kat dia sebab asal Katy Perry je. Hot. Cis. 

So we spend the whole night telling stories and reminiscing our memories throughout the college years, and the last time as partners in crime. 

_________________________________________________________________




I kept looking at the bottle. I miss the moments. I never knew this is how it will be. I missed out on things I never knew happened in the first place. I was holding a note that I found 2 weeks ago. I opened the note that I found inside the ship. 

' Dear Farah,
Hey sporty girl. Found this finally didn't ya? What took you so long to read me? But still, kinda feel good that you finally read me. Well the note that is. Farah. You've been a really great friend, partner, and you mean everything to me. I've set my eyes on you since the first time I met you. Didn't you wondered why I haven't been in any relationship since we met? My heart was set on you. I've been trying to tell you all this time, but I'm afraid to lose you. I know you don't like guys like me. But. This guy fall for you.I think this would be romantic, since I'm sucky at being romantic, but I remembered how you always want one of this. Jadi. Jangan sangka hati I tak ada taman. Its there. You put flowers there too. So, I hope am not too late to say this but.. I love you Farah. 

-Fiq
p/s: This was my but. I was never happy that we're graduating. Cause that means. I'll never find excuse to be your partner in crime anymore'

I cried. I was blind. I was oblivious. How can I not know my best friend love me? My heart was closed shut and thinking nothing was there. No wonder I'll always feel safe, comfy, and always loved next to him. I'm too late. 

"Hey girl you okay?", 
Fatin came in to my room, while putting down the cup of coffee she made for me. 

I showed the wedding card that Mom posted from Malaysia three weeks ago. Fatin hugged me giving me support.

"Fatin. I didn't know. I mean, dia tak pernah bagitahu pun. Now this plak came. I love Aidil, I do. But its as if, I could've had something better with someone who knew me more than myself. Macam I missed the chance that was infront of me all this time",
I continued crying.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I guess he just thought you moved on since you continued your masters here. And I think he saw your picture with Aidil. He knew that you're happy with Aidil and thats what matters. So he moved on. There's nothing you can do babe. Things were never meant to be", 
I kept quiet and still sobbing. She hugged me and told me everything is gonna be okay.

"Babe. I nak tidur da. It's getting chilly and I got research tomorrow morning. Go to sleep aite. I'll call Aidil tomorrow, in case you wanna cancel your plan to buy tickets kat airport esok", 
I shook my head. Then smiled to Fatin.

"Nope. it's okay babe. I'm going. I'll be fine. Thanks. Go to sleep", I replied.


"Are you sure babe? Don't be sad okay. There's a reason for all of this. I ada. Anything ketuk je pintu okay?", I nod and looked at Fatin leaving the room. 

I lost contact with Fiq since a year ago. Never knew what was the reason in the first place, cause he suddenly stopped skyping with me, ever since I met Aidil. I knew Aidil since the first year I'm in Melbourne. Ever since, we're an item. 
Tapi sejak Fiq nampak my pictures with Aidil, I never received any chats from him, updates, or even hellos. I was thinking that maybe, he's busy. I never bothered to ask. Till I received the parcel from Mom, of my stuff along with the wedding card. I was surprised but then I remembered about the bottle he gave me when he sent me off at the airport


While I was observing the bottle, reminiscing the moments we had. Then I noticed there was a note inside it. When all this while, I never realized that. Thats when I found out the missing pieces in the puzzle. I was the girl he wanted to give the bottle to. I was his missing puzzle. But then. It was too late. I sighed and wipe my tears away. I switched off the lights and tucked in my bed. 
I looked at his note and kept it aside. I know this cant turn back time. But he's happy. All I know. He's the one that got away. 

'In another life I would be your girl
We keep all our promises, be us against the world
And in another life, I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were the one that got away
The one that got away'
p/s: p/s : Cerita pendek ini tiada kaitan dengan yg hidup mahupun mati. Ini adalah rekaan semata2. thank u for reading! do give feedbacks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay, I'm the first person to comment this piece ! Well, I think I should cz I'm apart of this 'piece', kan kan. Haha.=p

Nice one babe. Lepas ni I sing another song then later you buat another story ok. Haha.=p

Farahz said...

ohmagadddd character's name is Farah! :P